|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
|* Double clilck on file.||* Double clilck on file to unzip and extract contents.|
Installing Cyotscape 3.2 on Mac OSX SnowLeopard (10.6.8)
Cytoscape 3.2 requires Java 7 to run. Unfortunately Java 7 is not available for Snow Leopard. We found a version (Update 25) of Java 7 that works on Mac OS X 10.6.8.
Install Java 7
- Download the Java 7 (Update 25) package from here.
Set your Java Home as described here : Set JAVA_HOME
verify that you are now using Java 7. Open a terminal window (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal , Run the command "java -version")
MacPro:~$java -version java version "1.7.0_25" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_25-b15) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)
Download Cytoscape 3.2
Download Cytoscape 3.2 from here Currently this link is set to RC2 link. Once 3.2 is released need to update link
- Download file cytoscape-3.2.0.tar.gz (Can't download the DMG for Mac because it too has a restriction on it requiring minimal 10.7.3)
- Double clilck on file to unzip and extract contents.
Copy cytoscape-unix-3.2.0 and paste into Applications directory.
Launching Cytoscape 3.2
- Launch Cytoscape from command line
* Open a terminal window (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal * Run ''/Applications/cytoscape-unix-3.2.0/cytoscape.sh''